I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel showed me around. We walked side by side inside a large workroom filled with angels. My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received." Many angels were busy sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the world.
Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section. The angel guide then said, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are processed and delivered to the living persons who asked for them." There were many angels working hard at that station, since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to Earth.
Finally, at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing nothing! "This is the Acknowledgment Section," my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed.
"How is it that there is no work going on here?" I asked. "So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments."
"How does one acknowledge God's blessings? "I asked. "Simple," the angel answered. Just say, "Thank you, Lord."
"What blessings should they acknowledge?" I asked.
* If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.
* If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
* And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that opportunity.
* If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the many who will not even survive this day.
* If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 700 million people in the world.
* If you can attend a church without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death you are envied by, and more blessed than, three billion people in the world.
* If you can hold your head up and smile, you are not the norm, you’re unique to all those in doubt and despair."
And, furthermore, the Angel said, "The people who can read this message are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all."
(This message was passed along to us by one of our local angels!)